Gay Play Day LGBTQ theatre festival is now accepting submissions from playwrights and/or directors for our sixth annual festival at Toronto's Alumnae Theatre on September 29 & 30th, 2017.
Gay Play Day is a festival of short plays written by LGBTQ writers about the LGBTQ experience.
Submission Guidelines -
- Each playwright and/or director may submit only one script - send us your best!
- We are only accepting electronic submissions in Word format.
- We are looking for short plays that run between 10 and 25 minutes in length.
- The title page should include the playwright's name, the character list and a brief synopsis of the play.
- The title page must also include the company's contact name (if different from playwright), address, phone number and email address.
- Plays should contain no more than 4 characters.
- Technical requirements should be fairly simple. Your set should also be minimal. We are interested in your stories, not your scenery or special effects.
- If selected, each company is responsible to cast and rehearse their own play.
- A tech person will be provided by Gay Play Day for the tech rehearsal and performances.
Gay Play Day is a non-Equity venture and has no association with Canadian Actors' Equity Association.
Please send script submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our deadline for submissions is June 20th. Applicants will be notified of inclusion in the festival by June 25th. We look forward to reading your script submissions!